2018 marks a brand new chapter for Mallory Knox with an exciting new direction, after bassist Sam Douglas stepped up to take lead vocals after the departure of Mikey Chapman in February. Their latest single Black Holes is already turning heads and offers an intriguing insight into what’s to come from the Cambridge alt rockers. New frontman Sam has described the new music as ‘terrifying and exciting’ and ‘the most energised music Mallory has ever written’.
2018 marks a brand new chapter of Mallory Knox (…) after bassist Sam Douglas stepped up to take lead vocals
Mallory Knox come to Bristol this weekend to headline pop-punk all-dayer Fat Lip Fest 2018, which takes over Nelson Street all day. Dozens of bands will be playing from midday to 10.30pm across The Lanes, SWX and Rough Trade Records.
Newly appointed frontman Sam answers our 10 questions before Mallory Knox headline the ‘Fireball’ main stage at SWX this Saturday.
1. What have you learned today?
That the world cup is bad for my liver.
2. Favourite track of all time?
Just the Way I’m Feeling by Feeder.
3. It’s 3am and the party is winding down, what track do you play to get everyone going again?
Let’s Go to Bed by The Cure.
4. Who are your top three acts right now?
Feeder, The 1975 and Black Foxxes.
5. If you couldn’t work in music, what would you be doing instead?
Cambridge United Manager.
6. What was the last book you read?
Shay Given’s autobiography.
7. Favourite Thing on TV?
Game of Thrones.
8. Are you afraid of anything?
Cambridge’s relegation back to the Conference.
9. Tell us something people don’t know about you?
I could have been a professional cricketer if I kept at it… maybe. Who knows, I stopped playing!
10. What are you doing tomorrow?
Probably losing money on the Royal Ascot.