Brought up on a diet of dubstep and grime, Bristol producer and Who Cares resident OH91 has managed to keep a relatively low profile over the past few years, whilst continuing to bring out a steady stream of bangers, from his Coyote Records-released Stealth, to his Skanks EP released on White Peach last year, and a slew of remixes, guestmixes and dubplates in between.
It seems like now is the time for the producer, just back off a tour in Asia and with a solid Bristol showing over the past month including Love Saves the Day, we’re ready and waiting to hear the next big thing from OH91. In the meantime, we asked him our 10 questions…
1. What have you learned today?
Think ahead, believe in yourself.
2. Favourite track of all time?
Ermm… I would say Cam’ron feat Jeulz Santana – Oh Boy.
3. It’s 3am and the party is winding down, what track do you play to get everyone going again?
Haha, what a question… I would say it would probably be a bashment tune or some Playboi Carti. Just depends on the mood that everyone’s in at the time.
4. Who are your top three acts right now?
If you’re talking about DJs, I would say Grandmixxer, Spooky, Sir Spyro.
5. If you couldn’t work in music, what would you be doing instead?
Probably something to do with computers! But initially, if I wasn’t doing music, I’d probably try get a job in music industry.
6. What’s your pet hate?
Prawns… they should be illegal.
7. Favourite thing on TV?
Would have to be a Netflix series called Orange is the New Black. Couple put me onto that.
8. Are you afraid of anything?
I f****** hate moths!! I bought this new thing on my mum told me about to put up, so come summer 17 I’m prepared!
9. Tell us something people don’t know about you.
10. What are you doing tomorrow?
Going to the big studio to mix down my next release, get it sounding FAT!