Liverpool lads Sean, Josh, Arran and Carl make up indie four piece The Night Café, combining mellifluous vocals with just the perfect amount of instrumentation, their sound is both unique and catchy. Last year, the band released their debut EP Get Away from the Feeling, which consists of intimate harmonies and layer upon layer of gorgeous guitar. Their style mirrors bands such as Vampire Weekend and The Maccabees, yet staying true to their hometown, The Night Café also nod to fellow Liverpudlians The Beatles and The Coral.
Their style mirrors bands such as Vampire Weekend and The Maccabees
This January, the Liverpudlian indie pop quintet will be performing at Bristol’s SWX and you can be sure to expect their melodic and charming indie sound with their intricate guitar riffs and sweet vocals from Sean, who we invited to answer our 10 questions.
1. What have you learned today?
Mid-day napping isn’t very productive.
2. Favourite track of all time?
Fleetwood Mac – Dreams.
3. It’s 3am and the party is winding down, what track do you play to get everyone going again?
Some dirty techno beats by Arran and Josh.
4. Who are your top three acts right now?
Brockhampton are up there along with Anderson .Paak and this band called Balance and Composure. We like a wide variety of stuff.
5. If you couldn’t work in music, what would you be doing instead?
Working in a music shop.
6. What was the last book you read?
Erm, probably Of Mice and Men in GSCE English!
7. Favourite thing on TV?
Gavin & Stacey is my binge watch at the minute.
8. Are you afraid of anything?
As a band, we are all afraid of sharks.
As a band, we are all afraid of sharks
9. Tell us something people don’t know about you
We all wear odd socks at least one day of the week.
10. What are you doing tomorrow?
We are in the midst of recording track three of our second EP, so very exciting stuff.
THE NIGHT CAFÉ LIVE: 27 January – SWX