NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Eligibility to enter / opening and closing dates
1. This promotion (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of United Kingdom. Employees of the Promoter, its parent company, affiliates, divisions, and subsidiaries, promotion marketing/advertising agencies, their immediate families, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
2. Participants must be aged 18 years or over with legal capacity to enter the promotion and have access to the internet, an email account and an active social media account for the duration of the Promotional Period.
3. This promotion opens at 9am on 1 August 2017 and closes at 11.59pm on 31 August 2017 (“Promotional Period”). Any entry received after the closing date shall be deemed invalid. Participants are responsible for determining the appropriate time in their time zone. Sponsor’s computer shall be official time keeper.
4. A maximum of one entry is permitted per person. Subsequent entries will be deemed invalid.
5. Entrants acting on behalf of a permanent venue or established promotions company (3+ years trading) are not eligible and will be disqualified.
How to enter
6. To enter the Promotion, participants must follow the following social media accounts: Twitter – @NitelifeBristol & @reon_UK // Facebook – @NitelifeBristol & @reonuk for the entire Promotional Period.
7. During the Promotional Period, entrants are encouraged to use the hashtags #nitelifeniteout and #reonandon in any social media posts relating to their competition entry. Entrants must publish at least one tweet and one Facebook post using these hashtags in relation to the competition during the Promotional Period. The content of these posts is to be decided by the entrant.
8. Entry must be solely the Participant’s original work. Entry will be disqualified if Promoter or judges determine in their sole discretion that Entry: (I) violates or infringes upon the rights of any party (including copyright, trademark, right of privacy, right of publicity); (II) is inappropriate, obscene, hateful or otherwise unfit for publication; (III) advocates acts of violence or illegal conduct; (IV) disparages or damages the goodwill and/or business reputation of Promoter (V) is irrelevant to the Promotion theme.
ENTRIES REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF PROMOTER IN ANY MANNER. PROMOTER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAME, INCLUDING MODERATING, MONITORING OR FILTERING OF PUBLIC DIALOGUE IN RELATION TO PROMOTION.
Selecting the winner
9. All valid entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions will be shortlisted by Nitelife magazine and the winner of the Promotion will be selected from the shortlist by a panel of expert judges including Dan Chandler (Crosstown Concerts), Laila Mckenzie (Lakota & Parallel Dimensions), Tom Hoyle (The Blast) and Tim Bailey (The MJR Group & Marble Factory Live), who will act as an independent judging body. When selecting the winner, the judges will base their decision on which entry is the most original, energetic, innovative and feasible; with all (4) criteria being weighted equally. In the event of a tie, an additional judge will evaluate the tied entries according to the above-indicated criteria.
10. Amongst all the entries one (1) winner will be selected and will receive: £1,000.
11. Prior to the delivery of the prize, promoter may request the winner to agree in writing the details of the event and confirm that prize money will be spent as laid out in the competition entry.
12. The winning event must take place between 1 November 2017 and 31 March 2018. If winner is not available during these dates, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind with an alternate winner being selected as set forth above, time permitting.
13. The winner shall be solely responsible for obtaining any and all event authorisation documents.
Notification and delivery of the prize
14. The winner will be selected and announced before 30 September 2017.
15. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner. However, if the winner has not responded within one (1) week, or if the selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions, time permitting.
16. As part of the verification procedure, potential winner will be required to provide the Promoter with an identity document and proof of residence in United Kingdom within one (1) week of prize notification. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
17. The Prize will be delivered to the winner via cheque within 30 days of notification and once the Promoter is satisfied that the winner is in compliance with the Promotion terms and conditions.
18. The winner is solely responsible for all costs and expenses not expressly stated in these terms and conditions as being included as part of the prize. Promoter will determine all aspects of prize in its sole discretion. No compensation or substitute prize will be awarded. Winner must conduct at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner; failure to do so will result in immediate termination of prize for winner and Promoter shall have no further liability or obligation to winner. With regard to the winner, the preceding expressly includes but is not limited to his/her behavior during event and/or Promotion activities.
19. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes on prize if any. Winner further agrees to fully cooperate with Promoter with regard to tax reporting obligation
20. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, garbled, inaccessible, damaged, or jumbled entries, or those which are otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be valid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to receive an entry where such failure is due to circumstances outside the Promoter’s control. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter also accepts no responsibility for any technological, programming, electronic, network, computer/software or other error, failure or malfunction which interferes with, impedes or interrupts the intended functioning of the Promotion.
21. The Promoter, its partners and their respective agents, associated companies, and subsidiaries will only store and process participants’ personal data supplied by participants to this promotion for the purposes of administering this promotion, analyzing effectiveness and response to the promotion; and for market and quality control analysis, unless consent is received to use such information for any other purpose. All participants give hereby, by means of participating in the Promotion, their consent to the use of this data. Participants should contact the Promoter if they do want to exercise their statutory rights. Requests for same must be made to the Promoter at the address at the end of these Terms and Conditions.
22. If the Promoter has any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, or of the spirit of this promotion, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to accept an entry.
23. The Promoter’s decisions (and the decisions of the judges) are final and binding in all matters relating to this promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
24. By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless Promoter, its parent company, affiliates, divisions, and subsidiaries, promotion marketing/advertising agencies, Twitter Inc., Facebook, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations (“Released Entities”) from any and all liability arising from participating in the Promotion, any Promotion-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the prize. Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering (or attempting to tamper) with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or any web site; to be acting in violation of the Terms and Conditions or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The preceding in no way precludes Promoter from taking other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights.
25. By entering this promotion participants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions. In the event of obvious error in these terms and conditions, illegality, or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which render the Promotion itself or the awarding of the prize impossible, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary and/or amend the Promotion and/or these terms and conditions or withdraw the Promotion. In such circumstances the Promoter will make all reasonable endeavors to advise participants of any changes or withdrawal. Participants agree that the Promoter shall not be held liable in such event.
26. Participants will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material they submit as part of this Promotion. However, participants grant the promoter (and its agents and affiliates) a non- exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion. Participant agrees, upon Promoter’s request and without compensation, to execute any additional documents so as to effect, record or perfect the grant of rights contemplated by this subsection.
27. The name of the winner will be made publicly available once they have been notified and accepted the prize. All materials developed for this campaign, including photographs from the winner, are owned by the Promoter and may be used at the Promoter’s discretion (e.g. also published on Promoter social media and marketing channels). Winner may be required to participate in advertising or promotional activities for the Promoter, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. In addition, the Promoter will have the right, at its absolute discretion and without payment or permission to the winner, to use the winners’ name, images, pictures, region of residence or likeness for the purposes of announcing the winner of the Promotion and for related promotional purposes (with regard to the latter, except where such use is prohibited by law). By accepting these terms and conditions, participants hereby grant to Promoter and its agency the relevant consent to such publicity and marketing initiatives without any compensation, except where prohibited law. IF PARTICIPANTS DON’T AGREE WITH THIS, PARTICIPANTS SHOULD NOT ENTER INTO THIS PROMOTION.
28. These Terms and Conditions are available on the Promoter website. Participants, who do not comply with these rules, will not be eligible to enter the Promotion.
29. To the fullest extent permitted by law: participants agree that these terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law (except for conflicts-of-law/choice of law provisions); to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts; waive any right of change of venue, inconvenient forum or the like; agree to bring any action individually (and not as part of a class action); and that their recovery in any such action is limited to actual costs involved in participating in the Promotion (if any), with all rights to attorneys’ fees and any and all damages (including special, compensatory, punitive, consequential damages) being expressly waived. If any part of this subsection or other provision of these terms and conditions is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be stricken from these terms and conditions and replaced with a substitute provision that most closely reflects Promoter’s original intent and is legal, valid and enforceable. Should a given provision be determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the balance of these terms and conditions.
30. Promoter: Nitelife magazine in partnership with Fontem Ventures B.V., 12th Floor, Barbara Strozzilaan 101, 1083 HN Amsterdam, Netherlands. Unless otherwise specified, no entries should be sent to this address.ENTER #NITELIFENITEOUT